STS spectrometer – sub-miniature systems for UV, VIS or NIR
Buy an STS-VIS online!
Rent an STS-VIS online!
The STS spectrometer is really small!
- Compact – actual size is 40 x 42 x 24 mm
- Powerful – high signal-to-noise (>1500:1) and dynamic range (4600:1) performance
- Thermally stable – peak shape stays the same over a wide temperature range
- Cost-effective – optical resolution of 1.5 nm is comparable to bench-top spectrometers
- Reproducible – attractive design for OEM manufacturers
- Plug-and-play – easy connectivity and adaptability with other devices
New! STS-UV-RAD really low cost UV radiometer
The STS UV spectrometer is coupled to a direct attach cosine corrector. The entire unit is calibrated to a NIST traceable D2 lamp to provide absolute irradiance (uW/cm2/nm) striking the plane of the cosine corrector. The unit couples to a PC by USB. Powerful Oceanview software runs the system, captures and displays irradiance spectra and also can display single value parameters such as integrated power or photon flux.
Rent an SS-UV-RAD Spectro-radiometer online!
The STS is just as sensitive as our Flame, USB2000+ and HR spectrometers!
STS spectrometers come in 3 wavelength ranges, UV, VIS and NIR.
They can be made with fixed slits (10, 25, 50, 100 or 200um).. Specifications for the 3 models are shown below.
Buy an STS-V spectrometer online!
Buy an STS-NIR spectrometer online!
OEM Data sheet for STS spectrometers
Couple your STS spectrometer to a Raspberry PI single board computer!
Miniature spectrometer + miniature PC = unlimited applications
|Engineering Specifications||STS Developers Kit|
|Dimensions (spectrometer):||40 mm x 42 mmx 24 mm|
|Weight (spectrometer):||68 g|
|Weight (complete kit and cables):||190 g|
|Wi-Fi range:||Up to 150 m (2.4 gHz frequencies)|
|Wi-Fi dongle:||USB plug-in|
|Power draw:||~1A with Wi-Fi|
|Battery:||Lithium ion, 3000 mAh (~3.0 hours wireless endurance)|
|Raspberry Pi interface:||Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth|
|SD card:||8 GB|
|Wavelength range:||190-650 nm (UV), 350-800 nm (Vis) and 650-1100 nm (NIR)|
|Optical resolution:||1.5 nm FWHM w/25 µm slit|
|Signal to Noise:||>1500:1|
|Dynamic range:||5 x 109 (system, with 10 s maximum integration); 4600:1 single acquisition|
|Integration time:||10 µs to 10 s|
STS spectrometer on drones!
We offer paired STS spectrometers for measuring solar reflectance. One unit measures downwelling sunlight, the other points at the ground and measures reflected upwelling light. Applications include:
- NDVI – normalized difference vegetation index – indicates presence of plants and is useful as a measure of health of plants
- Spectral ID – recognizes spectral features to identify plants, invasive aquatic weeds, etc.
Our current project is identifying Egeria sp. (Brazilian water weed) in freshwater lakes.
Data Sheets & Manuals for coupling sTS spectrometerst o Raspberry Pi SBC